Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for taking the time to come by and have a read. Sometimes I'm all over the place as my thoughts come randomly so hang in there with me. I'll do my best to be cohesive, I promise. I'll also do my best to keep up with the blog. I promise to always be honest. There's nothing worse than feeling alone in life and like no one understands, but I promise you that there are loads of people going through the same struggles in life, including weight loss, and I'm one of them. Anyway, enjoy! Comments are welcome but don't be rude.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Weight Loss Journey: Focus

First I wanted to say that the reason I name every post "My Weight Loss Journey" is because I feel like that's my life. Everyday is a journey and a struggle with my weight. Second, I wanted to thank everyone for your prayers for my surgery. I survived lol Like any surgery it was really scary but I have an amazing husband who kept me distracted for 2 hours while I was waiting to be taken to the OR. I have amazing friends who prayed for me and I definitely felt those prayers. I also have an amazing faithful God who guided the surgeon, the nurses, the anesthesiologist (who was the most important to me lol) and everyone involved. Now, I just have to wait for my post-op appointment where I will get the results from pathology. There were more polyps than the doctor originally thought, I'm not sure what that means yet but I'm just trying to be patient.

I'm trying to get my focus back. I know that the next few months are going to be really emotional so I need to decide that I am going to continue with my weight loss, being careful with what I eat, even though I know I will want to eat whatever I want. Its hard to explain this to people who don't struggle with their weight, or maybe they do and they don't have the same tendencies but like I said in my last post, I comfort eat so I'm going to have to learn to use something else to comfort myself. Because I'm a Christian and a lot of my friend's are as well, I know it's easy to say that God is the Great Comforter and that I can turn to Him but knowing that and putting that into practice is totally different. Overeating is not just overeating, there's always something behind it. It's not like one can just stop. If that were the case people wouldn't be over weight. I know I'm over weight because I over eat and I choose to eat the wrong things. So I wish it were that easy to say I trust in God to not make me over eat today, I have to work hard at it everyday, and that's why people fail because it is HARD, its the hardest thing I've ever done in my life and when I see commercials say "Do this, use our system, its easy to lose weight with us" I want to reach through the TV and strangle them because its lies to make money and when people fail they get even more discouraged because they believe it's supposed to be easy like the man on TV said. ITS NOT!  Anyway, I'm rambling now. I'm getting my focus back and believe me, I do trust in God or I wouldn't even be here today. I've never been so happy or felt so blessed in my life, even with all the strife going on around me. God has given me an amazing partner who supports me, we support each other, and we love each other and we're both determined to see each other through these hard times. I know my Savior lives.

1 comment:

  1. Hezzy, I'm so proud of you. It sucks when you get discouraged with bad eating choices, because it's not like you can just not eat. You have to eat. It's a constant battle. You got that right. I love you.

    ReplyDelete